We just renewed our FIOS contract (to save some $ while improving our home internet/tv/phone services). Verizon has a notorious and apparently justified reputation for difficult-to-impenetrable customer service. This morning I finally finished interacting with their escalated support tier, and managed to determine exactly how to request a DVR upgrade (as ours was very old and unreliable, and has a puny hard drive). I figured I’d post about it, in case it might save someone else some frustration. Here are the steps:
1. Go to http://www.verizon.com/upgrademydvr and sign in.
2. Select the “Settings” dropdown located at the top of the page.
3. Select the “Set Top Boxes” link from the dropdown menu.
4. Select the “GO” button in the box on the right marked “Want more from your FiOS DVR?”.
5. If it doesn’t show that an upgrade is available, enter your name and email address to be contacted when the DVR upgrade becomes available to you.